May 2011 to May 2013

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All in All... A Good Week!

This week started by answering people’s doubts about gay people and ended with a baptism.  It has been an interesting week for sure and very full.

For Thursday and Friday I was on an exchange. I was with Modesto 6th Ward in an English area riding a bike. It was really nice to be riding a bike and I am out of shape for sure. But when I was on my exchange, I had some pretty interesting experiences. On the first morning of the exchange, we had a church tour set up and the Lady no showed. We went outside to see if anyone was waiting outside and there was no one. I saw this guy walking down the street outside the Orangeburg Chapel and invited him on a church tour. He had gone on a walk because he was mad at his aunt. We talked a bit about basketball and then I invited him on a church tour. It kinda just came out of the blue. He said ya (I think he just wanted to see the gym and play ball). It was a good time. We gave him the tour, talking about some of the pictures and the story behind them, the Sacrament room, then baptism, and got a baptism date out of him, too. It was super cool!!

The next morning, I had to talk at a funeral. Thank goodness I got to talk in English. It was very interesting because I have never actually talked at a funeral and I did not even know the guy or anyone there at all! The person who died and his family were not members. Let’s just say I have never relied on the Spirit more on a talk.  It was a very interesting experience.

Saturday was a day packed with stuff to get ready for the baptism on the next day and the zone conference on Tuesday. We did not get much real work done. I really don’t like those days.

Sunday was a great day! Cecilo was baptized. The water was cold, but there always has to be something that goes wrong at a baptism. It is just Satan throwing in his last lame punch. The work of the Lord will never be stopped though! His family enjoyed the baptism and is interested in learning more.

Elder Garcia is the new companion in our trio, with Elder Zanudo and myself.  He is from St. George, Utah and we get along great!

So, all in all, it has been a good week.