May 2011 to May 2013

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Missionary Blessings

Studying in class with Elder Carlson
This week has been a good week, but very up and down. It seems that I wake up every morning down and then my Father in Heaven turns around my day and by the end of the day it has been a good day. It is so evident how I am blessed here as a missionary.

A week ago I got to go to the temple again and my comp, we were on splits so it was Elder Covey, forgot his temple recommend. So we had to walk back and go to a later session. It was a blessing because I got to know him better and know he is the new district leader. We taught the older district, it was nice because they helped out my Spanish and teaching while I taught.  I have been running for gym with Elder Blake. It has been nice; it reminds me of my runs at BYU. It is weird being in Provo in such a different setting. I look at the Y every day and it brings back memories. Haha. They are all good and I am glad.

Elder Blake and Elder Covey

I gave the best lesson I ever gave. We taught one of our progressive investigators and it was amazing; the spirit was so strong. We taught about how god loves him as a person. It was great.  We sat in silence for about 3 minutes. I never knew how powerful silence was.

I got to meet my mission president. It was great. He is such a great guy. He has so much love for everyone. There will be a movie on lds.org of us, I think. Before that, Elder Bednar spoke to all of us about being preach my gospel missionaries. It was a great talk!! So inspiring. Every talk here is inspiring and lifts you up. I have never enjoyed talks that much. I pray that I will get the message I need from the speaker. I think it helps a lot.

O cleaning this week. I cleaned the bathroom floors, which includes the women’s bathroom. And we found a secret room with beds in the girl’s bathroom. I did not know girl’s bathrooms had beds in them. I knew about couches, but not beds. It was kinda funny. That was my funny story for the week.

God has also really humbled me here as well. I have definitely seen my weaknesses. I have a few quotes when I write a real letter.

Love, Elder TJ Melanson