May 2011 to May 2013

Monday, June 20, 2011

Focusing on the Atonement

Hey it has been a good week I have been studying a lot, I focused a day of studying on the atonement it was great! I read a few conference talks and I read a few scriptures it was definitely an uplifting study, probably the best time I have had this week.  Just thought I would start it out that way. 

Well I get to go the temple today; we only get to go once on our P day so it is a good moment especially doing family names.  We don’t have service on our P days either which is nice because it gives another hour of personal time to write letters, and relax a little bit, but I have kinda lost what relax really means. We do our service on Mondays, my companion and I have cleaned the corners of the carpet with ghost buster vacuums, swept the sidewalk (the worst job), put up all the countries flags (best job), cleaned the chalk boards, dusted, that is pretty much it, it is fun, I always like service. My schedules for my days, are all about the same, wake up at 6, get ready til 7, personal study til 7:30, breakfast til 8, then personal study again til 9. Class for 3 hours, where we learn the gospel, Spanish, and teach progressive investigators (the teachers pretending to be investigators). We teach them in Spanish and they only talk in Spanish, it is way hard!!  We then go to lunch at 12, then class again, then language study, dinner then computer language study, and gym. Then we plan at 9, and then go to the resident halls at 9:20. We get ready for bed, read and write in our journals til 10:30, which is bed time. They schedule changes a bit each day. On P days it is different, we wake up, get ready, eat breakfast, go wash cloths/ write letters, then more free time to write, then personal study at 11, then lunch at 12, personal time til 1:30, then temple and more personal time til dinner at 5, then class after that (where we go to the TRC), where we teach volunteer investigators, it is fun.


My roommates names are Elder West, my comp. He is from Sandy going to Salta, Argentina, and then the other two in my room are elder Petersen the tall one, and elder Christian. They are both going to Fresno. There are 11 in my district; there were 12, one went home. (4 are going to Argentina and 7 to Cali.)


This week has been very long. We have done a lot of teaching our progressive investigator and have not got very far; it is hard to teach in Spanish and also understand everything he is saying.  We had a great zone meeting on Thursday and it has helped the other elders be more focused in their studying, which has been very good. It has been a lot of the usual, though not much very interesting. Our speaker on Sunday was very good. It was about chastity and how to teach it; it was a very good talk. On Wednesday we had the general primary president come to talk. We sang primary hymns, and she had a very simple message about how to be a representative of Christ and giving more than 100%. I also got the first vision memorized in Spanish; it is a good feeling to have that memorized.