May 2011 to May 2013

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Some Sight Seeing in Old Western Towns

This week has been a good week. We have done a lot of teaching and are trying to get people ready for baptism. Last week, we found this really nice guy who lives with almost nothing. It is really sad, but yet, so cool. It would seem by looking at how happy he is at finding the gospel, that he has everything in the entire world. The gospel really does bless lives in every way.

Today was a fun preparation day. We went up to some old western towns, near Sonora.  We saw the train which is used for lots of old western movies. It’s train number 3. It was most recently in Back to the Future 3. It was way fun! We also climbed around in some sweet climbing rocks and rock formations for a good 45 minutes. We were climbing through holes and all sorts of stuff.  It was a good break from the normal everyday life. 

This week I have been riding my bike a lot, as I filled in for various Elders going into Fresno for leadership meetings or medical reasons. It’s nice to ride my bike, but switching from place to place every day isn’t one of my favorite things.  Because it is the Lord’s work, and not my own, I do it for Him. 

This week I have also missed the dinners I normally get from the Spanish people.  They are so good!

We have been doing lots of teaching, like always.