May 2011 to May 2013

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Love the Temple

This week has been a good week. Elder Zanudo and I are getting along really well and we are doing good work here in Modesto.

For the beginning of the week, I was in a trio because there are 4 Spanish missionaries in Modesto and one of them had to go to a meeting in Fresno. We were covering the whole city for 2 days in a trio; it was pretty fun, except for street contacts, because it felt like a gang up on someone. But it was cool being with 2 Mexicans because I got to be the brunt of all the Mexican jokes and Mexican talk; it was super funny.

Saturday, we had our big Christmas ward celebration. It took us all day to set up and get it all ready. With the time we had left, we went and invited people. The party was so fun and there was so much food; Mexicans know how to cook for sure. The other elders and I sang a couple Christmas songs.  Our singing was cool; I don’t know why, but when the missionaries do something, it is way cooler than if normal people do it. It was a real good party and we had a couple investigators there too.  We were glad about that.

Today was a really cool day, because I got to go to the temple again. It was great to be able to go during Christmas time. I love the temple.

Well that is about it. Modesto is doing good.

I love you all and have a great Christmas!!