May 2011 to May 2013

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baptisms are Exciting!

This week has been a pretty good week. It is killing me that I am not riding a bike at all; I feel like such a fatty and lazy all the time, but other than that, it has been a good week.

We have been preparing Jorge for his baptism this last weekend. It was super cool. Jorge was so excited. During one of the lessons, all he could just tell us was how excited he was and how he wants his family to be together for eternities.

I learned that I am so glad I am speaking Spanish, because I went on an exchange into an English area and the work is so much harder. Americans are so prideful and set in their ways; they also believe a computer more than a person standing in front of their face.

Well, it is so cool to see how the Lord guides and helps his servants to find the people that are ready to hear the gospel. We found this lady who is great. We teach her stuff and she says that it makes sense and she guesses that she has always kinda known that. It is so cool.

Modesto is so different. It is nice to be in the city and not on the farms, but Modesto is still a farm city. The Spanish branch here is almost ready to be a ward, so that is cool to see. It is a lot bigger than the branch in Patterson. There were about 100 people at Sacrament Meeting the other day.

Jorge and his son, Elder Zanudo and myself