May 2011 to May 2013

Monday, August 15, 2011

First Zone Conference


On Tuesday, we had a zone conference. It was fun. Pres. Gelwix is such a good speaker!! I love listening to his motivational talks. Every time he talks to you, you just want to go work your hardest. He definitely still has a little bit of the rugby coach in him! Ha-ha.  It was also cool to see all the Elders in my zone and the zone next to me. I also found out that my mission is one of highest baptizing missions, but also the mission with the extensions to all the rules, like I have to have a part in my hair and no pink ties, and for now no paisley. But, I bet that will be changed with the new mission president.  I loved zone conference. Also, that next day I went on an exchange with one of the zone leaders named Elder Bassett. That was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about different ways to do things and he talks to everyone he sees, so it was good to go do that too. That is really what I like doing, going and being friends with everyone. We also taught Jake, our investigator, that night about the plan of salvation. It was a really good lesson! That next morning we taught Daniel, the investigator who came and found us last week. He loves the Book of Mormon. He was just reading a little bit in it and it answered his question. That experience strengthened my testimony in the Book of Mormon. The black lady I was talking about a few weeks ago got even more interesting, she reads the Book of Mormon, come to find out, but her beliefs are all funny, it makes me laugh.
Well I am getting so much fruit to eat that I don’t know what to do with all of it!! I love it. I love fruit!
On Friday, we went to a fireside that Pres. Gelwix was speaking at and brought Jake, our investigator. He loved it and thinks our mission president is a great cool guy. That was really cool to go!! One more story: So we met this guy named Danny Gomez. He is way cool, loves to fix up bikes, and is interested in what we have to teach. He had a couple really deep questions on our first visit yesterday.  He asked: What did God do before he made us? Why do we look the way we look? And why do people have to go through the death of loved ones, especially children? That was interesting to be asked those questions. He is a cool guy.  I am excited to talk to him on Thursday, our next appointment.
Love you and I am praying for all of you!