May 2011 to May 2013

Monday, March 26, 2012

A Week of Crazy Things

This week has been a week of crazy things. I moved apartments on a seconds notice on Thursday, so Thursday was shot missionary work wise. I am now in a new apartment and it is super small. It is just a small studio, but we don’t really need any more space, so that is alright.

On Friday and Saturday, I was not in my area, except a bit in the morning to weekly plan. Then my companion went to a neighboring city and I went with the other elders in my same city.

All and all, it has been a hard week for my area, and yet, it is still good. We have found 4 new investigators and had a good amount of lessons, and we even stayed out of the rain somehow.

The ward now trusts us and they are giving us names of people to go visit. It helps so much. The members just always tease us that we are doing work for other wards! Our investigators keep moving to the neighboring ward, Madera 2nd Ward, and we keep finding great people for the Spanish Ward here in Madera. It is kinda funny, but the work moves forward no matter what. It just helps when we have committed members and missionaries, who are going to do all in their power to find the people that are ready to hear the Gospel.

Funny thing, in an English ward, I am getting super tired of pizza. All the members feed us is pizza. That didn’t happen in the Spanish Branches!  

So that is what I am doing right now. It is nice and warm here, if it is not raining.